– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
If you are interested in hearing my story of how I got to where I am.
Eric Goldring is the owner of Goldring Travel. He has earned both the Elite Cruise Counselor and a Luxury Cruise Specialist designations by the cruise industry’s association, Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA). However, Eric has a very diverse background that affords him the ability to truly understand the details of the industry and how to create the best luxury cruise, tour or expedition for you. He has an honor’s degree in Biology (Union College, NY), a stint with NOAA’s National Marine Fisheries Service as a biological aid, and a Juris Doctor law degree specializing in Ocean and Coastal Law – Marine/Admiralty (University of Miami, FL). He is a member of Sigma Xi (the Scientific Research Society), American Fisheries Society, Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers and the New Jersey and Florida Bars.
Eric is also involved with a variety of charities ranging from environmental causes to addressing domestic violence to assuring those less fortunate receive proper nutrition along with being actively involved in his Lake Tahoe, California community.
Having worked extensively in the areas of environmental and superyacht law before entering into the travel industry, Eric has a unique perspective and readily embraces nature, luxury and international travel. Having traveled to over 110 countries (so far) his experiences include such journeys as African safaris, Antarctic expeditions, Amazon journeys, hiking in Patagonia and exploring the cities and countrysides from China to Turkey to Norway to Iceland to Italy and beyond.
One thing Eric has learned over his years serving the luxury and expedition travelers that the most important question to ask is, “What is your luxury?” because nobody has the same definition. One may define it as staying in that special two bedroom suite at Hotel Cipriani in Venice, Italy, another may define it as a private culinary tour through Japan, another on visiting The Galapagos, and yet another may say it is a 146 day Seabourn World Cruise…or a seven day Caribbean cruise. Crafting each client’s luxury is what Eric specializes in.
Eric is a top producing travel agent for Seabourn Cruise Line; something which speaks not only of his knowledge of what makes a cruise a fantastic experience, but how to deliver Customer Service at extraordinarily high levels while fostering a very complimentary relationship with the cruise line. But Eric’s focus is not focused on one cruise line; working with Silversea, Crystal, Celebrity, Tauck, Lindblad Expeditions, AmaWaterways, and many more.
One of Eric’s most interesting experiences was his integral involvement in the construction and chartering of the 192 foot superyacht originally named MSY The Other Woman and then renamed MSY Islander. She was built with twin 150 foot masts, jet drives, retractable keels and an elevator. After his involvement the masts were removed and she was sold to a new owner.
Yes, Eric knows and delivers Luxury. If he can deliver luxury that exceeds the desires of the most discerning of superyacht clients, Eric can do it for you!
Here are three videos: An interview of Eric at the Genoa, Italy Yacht Charter Show (back when he had hair, no beard and about 30 pounds of extra weight!); a video of the superyacht’s launch (you will see him in it too) and one of the superyacht underway.
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232