– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
This has been quite a year for me, personally, and for Goldring Travel.
I have traveled from the mountains of Lake Tahoe, California to the beaches of Sardinia; wandered the streets of Rome and was among the first to cruise on the Seabourn Quest; relaxed in a beautiful villa in remote Turkey; took in much during the Global Superyacht Forum in Amsterdam; embraced the east coast of Canada and the United States on the Goldring Travel Food & Wine Cruise aboard the Seabourn Sojourn and in my special event at the New England Aquarium.
I have enjoyed my children’s growth and happiness (even during some trying times) as each blossomed and developed as either an incredible writer or computer whiz, while becoming more independent and self-assured. One traveled to Europe this summer as part of a People to People Student Ambassador Program, then to a high tech course through Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth, then on to Washington, D.C., all the while snowboarding and computer gaming. One spent the entire summer at camp in Vermont, learning to kayak and hiking and camping, but also becoming quite a compassionate young woman whose stories can make you cry or just think.
But even with this all of this great stuff I have encountered more negativity than I have in the past. Some of it surely is based upon the worldwide economic problems. But some of it is just an unhealthy approach to those things that are really wonderful. It has become so rampant that I even wrote a few articles on this, including one earlier this week.
In contrast, I find such peace and enjoyment with my children, but do you have any idea how many hours I have stayed up late just to schlep a bunch of kids from here to there?! I am enriched by my cultural experiences, but do you know many hours were spent sitting in an an airline’s economy seat? I love my Goldring Travel business, but do you have any idea how many “discussions” I have had with cruise lines making sure you, my clients, are treated better? It will never be “all” good, but I am truly blessed and can find no reason to complain.
So, at this time of the year when some are looking for gifts, parties, resolutions for the new year, and how next year is going to be better than this year…I look around me, reflect – think of the Jimmy Buffett lyric, “Some of its magic. Some of its tragic. But I have a good life all the same.” – and then I say, “What a Wonderful World!”
Happy Holidays from Goldring Travel!
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232