– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
I usually don’t write about cruises going on sale because the cruise lines have sales of one sort or another pretty much every week or so. But this one is newsworthy.
Oceania Cruises has, at least in the U.S., had a “Never on Sale” policy. Combine that with some of the strictest penalty and cancellation policies in the business….with all cruises over 20 days having to be paid in full 180 days prior to sailing…and an absolute inability for travel agents to discount the cruise fare…only allowing added amenities (Read: Oceania Cruises – A Little Less Consumer Friendly. Why? And What’s The Good News?) and it clearly has built up a good bit of market-resistance.
Up until now what Oceania would do is offer passengers already booked deals if they also purchased the cruise immediately prior to or after the one they are booked on. Or they would offer to move passengers over to slower selling cruises in a higher category or a longer itinerary at the same price. Technically, I guess, it is not violation of the “Never on Sale” policy, but it most certainly is an endorsement of a heavy discounting policy so long as it is done by itself and not travel agents.
Today Oceania Cruises has announced that it is having a “Sale”…and it is calling it a “Sale”. From now until May 31st, if you book any of the nine cruises below you will receive a $500 Onboard Credit, Unlimited Internet, Pre-Paid Gratuities and “Free” Airfare:
I have done a quick check and these are legitimately “sale” pricing. In fact, the base price for some of these cruises start at less per day than the cruises surrounding them.
If you are interested in of these sailings – especially in the lower categories of any stateroom type (Concierge, Penthouse, etc.) I would urge you to book these NOW as I am confident the best staterooms and suites will go quickly on these previously slow selling sailings. (Oh, the deposit has been cut in half too).
So give Goldring Travel a call or drop me an email.
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232