– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part VI (Kya Hnyat to Kyauk Myaung)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part IX (The Ship: Avalon Myanmar)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar (Burma) – Reflections: “Isn’t This Amazing!?”
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
One of my clients on the Seabourn Quest 2013 World Cruise just sent me an email about her time in the Seabourn Quest’s Spa. I post it here for your enjoyment, inspiration and…
I’ve spent time there for manicures, pedicures and haircuts, but these appointments never took me into any of those mysterious back rooms. I decided it was time.
First assignment: find some intriguing treatments. Do I want facial therapies, massage therapies, or body therapies? Hmmm…. Maybe one of each. ( at this point Jeff is giving me the eye roll). OK, here are some choices: Thai Herbal Poultice Massage, Aroma Stone Therapy, Bamboo Massage, Seaweed Wrap, Ionitherapie Revitalizing Leg Therapy, Exotic Lime and Ginger Salt Glow and Massage, Frangipani Conditioning Hair and Scalp Ritual. The list goes on.
I decide on the Lime and Ginger Salt Glow and Massage and the Frangipani Ritual. I’m to show up at least 30 minutes early to “detox the mind”. This is going to be great! The day arrives and I’m given a locker key, robe and slippers. Off I go to “detox my mind” on the heated lounge chair.
The next thing I hear is “Ms. [Smith], time for your treatment. How was your nap?” OMG, I had fallen asleep.
In the treatment room I’m shown a tray filled with assorted disposable underwear. I don the most attractive and dive under the heated towels. In comes Claudia, a beautiful young woman who looks to be a size 2 teenager. We start with warm oil dripped on my skin, followed by lovely smelling sandpaper — the ginger salt glow — massaged everywhere. This is great!
From somewhere in my past life I hear someone whispering, “Ms. [Smith], you can turn over now”. It’s Claudia. I had fallen asleep again.
Next is a scotch shower. Then back under the towels for a full body massage. Ah, I could live in this treatment room.
The Frangipani Conditioning Hair and Scalp Ritual follows, but there is a 15-minute lag time so it’s back to the detox chair, this time sipping my cucumber water.
The hair ritual is marvelous! I smell like a flower garden as the work continues.
Several hours later I emerge completely refreshed and looking less like the cover of Field and Stream. I meet my husband for a late lunch. Looking up quickly from his laptop he asks, “When’s your appointment?”
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232
Fla Seller of Travel Re. No. W014898
California Seller of Travel No. 2127458-40
© 2020 Goldring Travel.