– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
If you have not seen the movie National Lampoon’s Vacation you must in order to the the proper context. Stuff happens and it isn’t going to be perfect, but it will a great experience and a lot of fun. (And, yes, I am the same person who has for the 2012 Goldring Travel Food & Wine Cruise on the Seabourn Pride arranged a tour and private tasting at Chateaux Margueax in Bordeaux, France and a cookery lesson at Ballymaloe organic Cookery School in Cork, Ireland…among other things).
My son has agreed that for $50.00 he will eat a Balut egg. They are essentially chicken eggs that have been left to develop into rather complete fetuses. He figures it must be OK to eat since the do it on television (see below) and it will be an experience. (Beside the experience he needs money to pay off that new computer he – I – just bought.)
My daughter, who is a vegetarian, but who eats fish, has not yet agreed to anything. I am trying to convince her that snake is close enough to fish to try and, if not that, dried scorpion….which is actually fairly closely related to lobster….will be on the menu.
Now, for me: I am very excited to announce that just today I have been given the opportunity to do a review of Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations Collection 7 DVD which, fortuitously (Anthony uses that word a lot!) includes his Cambodia journey. He is, to me, one of the great modern travelers and an inspiration.
So, what I have to say is “Why yes, I will try _______”. Fill in the blank for me. Seriously. It does not have to be food related. Suggest something experiential and, if possible, and I do not risk too much (other than pride) I may just try to fit it in. And if I do, you just may receive a Goldring Travel jacket.
An example of what I will not do:
And so you know that this journey will not just be about being extreme, I do love my comforts and will be fully detailing not only the “free time” activities, but the tours, cuisine, service, etc. and the ship from the top suites to the standard cabins. I can assure you that my wife and the couple we are traveling with will enjoy the creature comforts, but they also enjoy letting me do what I do…but not necessarily join in. There must be balance, right?
Next up is a bit of discussion about the actual itinerary and schedule of events.
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232