– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
There is a truly new and unique luxury cruise line announced today: Explora Journeys, which is set to start sailing in the Spring of 2023.
This new cruise line will be the new home of four 63,900 ton sister ships each with 461 suites with either a balcony or a terrace – 64,000-ton ships (813 feet long/104 feet wide) at a cost of $2 billion dollars. Suites, all with floor to ceiling glass, start at 377 square feet, including deep and wide balconies. (To put this in perspective, the Oceania Marina is approximately the same tonnage, but slightly shorter and carries 1,250 passengers – 38% more than Explora I). The ships have a definite superyacht-inspired design. In other words, they are sexy.
The philosophy of Explora Journeys will be not only “The Ocean State of Mind”, but to provide “Cosmopolitan European Luxury” with European design. If you look at the video you will see as part of the onboard experience, a retractable domed interior pool (well it is more than an indoor pool!), an aft Infiniti pool (again much more than merely a pool), and a third outdoor pool (oh, and a fourth as well), many hot tubs, large cabanas with daybeds (64 in all), huge suites with enormous balconies located aft, very large suites even at the entry-level, a huge focus on the culinary experience with nine dining venues (plus room service) and plenty of open deck space.
Crew to guest ratio will be 1.25:1; certainly in the top tier!
Explora Journeys is, obviously, not simply about the ships, but the – well – Journey! Itineraries will be focused on slower and deeper itineraries, visiting lesser traveled to ports that its parent company, MSC, has years of developing relationships with. With a clear demographic target of, well, pretty much the traveler of any age, Explora I will start with seven day sailing that can, obviously, be combined to take advantage of as little or as much time as one has.
Oh, there is so much more to tell!
Explora I will set sail Spring 2023.
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232