– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part VI (Kya Hnyat to Kyauk Myaung)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part IX (The Ship: Avalon Myanmar)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar (Burma) – Reflections: “Isn’t This Amazing!?”
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
Tonight I stumbled across a 1996 news release about Seabourn’s acquisition of the Seabourn Legend from the then failing (now long gone) Royal Cruise Line. It seems Seabourn has two ships named Odyssey:
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Jan. 18, 1996–Seabourn Cruise Line announced today that an agreement has been concluded for its acquisition of the vessel, Queen Odyssey, sister ship of the line’s two elegant all-suite cruise ships, Seabourn Pride and Seabourn Spirit.
San Francisco-based Seabourn said the vessel had been purchased for $55 million from Kloster Cruises Ltd. of Oslo, Norway. Financial details of the acquisition were not released.
(It was announced publicly Tuesday, Jan. 16 in San Francisco that Royal Cruise Line would cease operations.)
Seabourn Cruise Line is jointly owned by Norwegian Industrialist Atle Brynestad who founded the line in 1987, and Carnival Corporation (NYSE:CCL).
The purchase agreement was signed today in Oslo by Atle Brynestad who serves as chairman and CEO of the line, and a representative for Kloster Cruises Ltd.
The elegant and highly regarded Seabourn will take possession of the Queen Odyssey on Jan. 26, 1996 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Seabourn pointed out that it had not acquired Royal Cruise Line but one of its assets and said it intends to continue to operate it as the Queen Odyssey and honor the Royal Cruise Line published schedule, pricing and marketing initiatives for a short period.
Seabourn stated that any guests booked at tariff on any modified Queen Odyssey itinerary can be assured that they will have the option of selecting itineraries from the Seabourn Pride or the Seabourn Spirit at Royal Cruise Line published prices. Details will be announced as soon as plans currently underway are finalized.
Learn something new every day.
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232
Fla Seller of Travel Re. No. W014898
California Seller of Travel No. 2127458-40
© 2020 Goldring Travel.