– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part VI (Kya Hnyat to Kyauk Myaung)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part IX (The Ship: Avalon Myanmar)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar (Burma) – Reflections: “Isn’t This Amazing!?”
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
Even with the best of intentions, the emotions and issues surrounding Mubarak’s return to Cairo and his potential prosecution has tensions rising and giving fresh indications of a less settled than hoped situation.
So while there was some good news of cruise lines and river cruises returning to normal operations, the reality is that many, including Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, have opted to eliminate Alexandria, Egypt from its itineraries through early September 2011.
Meanwhile Oceania Cruises has made it very clear that the situation is “extremely fluid” and may well change its itineraries, but is still holding onto its Egypt intensive April 20, 2011 Nautica itinerary.
Any trip planned to stop in Egypt must be taken with a “wait and see” attitude. While this is extremely frustrating for guests who are within penalty periods since the cruise lines have the right to alter or eliminate ports and, as such, there are no good answers (and, let’s face it, Egypt would be one of the primary reasons for taking any of these cruises), considering what is going on in the region:
(A) Keeping things in perspective is important – You are worried about visiting an ancient culture today while those living there are worried about pretty much every aspect of their lives; and,
(B) Remembering you are taking a cruise for many reasons and enjoying the dozens of other ones should not be overwhelmed by the disappointment that today…not tomorrow or in a few years…but today you are going to suffer the disappointment of visiting somewhere else; a place that just might be pretty cool itself.
I remain hopeful that what is happening in Northern Africa is a sign of change for the better. It is a difficult time with thousands and thousands crushing the Tunisian and Egyptian borders (while new governments are being formed in both countries) while Libya teeters on turning into a balancing of human spirit and human tragedy.
As free individuals with disposable income we need to keep our disappointments in perspective, but our optimism out front and centered.
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232
Fla Seller of Travel Re. No. W014898
California Seller of Travel No. 2127458-40
© 2020 Goldring Travel.