– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
Ed. Note: The Seabourn Pride, Seabourn Spirit and Seabourn Legend were sold a year after this article was written (February 2013) to Windstar Cruises but are staying with the fleet until 2015 (Pride until 2014). You can read the article here.
I am REPEATEDLY asked this question and I REPEATEDLY inquire of the top folks at Seabourn (and trust me on this…whomever those folks on CC believe they have connections with, my connections are better…I have the best).
So I will tell you what I have said/believe before and that hasn’t changed after speaking with the SVP and two VPs in the past week including a conversation yesterday:
|Goldring Travel has a new address:
9 Professional Circle, Suite 202
Colts Neck, New Jersey 07722-2427
but the Seabourn little sister still has the same home!
While there are things that I know that I cannot share (some of which may be pretty cool stuff), there is a known frustration with the small ships being quite slow (limiting itineraries), needing lots of long term investment, etc. I mentioned this back when the building of the Odyssey was first announced…over five years ago!
Based on that, I could not say that should the right cruise line (not directly competitive) make the right offer at the right price on the right terms and at the right time, Seabourn (‘er, umm, Mickey Arison) wouldn’t consider the offer.
That said, I can assure you that Seabourn has absolutely no plan or desire to reduce its inventory.
Tea leaves anyone?
BTW, I will – again – be at the Seatrade Cruise Shipping Conference in Miami in mid-March and I can assure you I will be meeting with many and will have my ear to the wall, floor and ceiling for any info on many, many subjects.
I would also remind folks that news organizations require at least two reliable sources for a reason. The sale of the triplets was assured on Cruise Critic back in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and now 2012. I am confident that at some point when the ships are sold…and they will be sold/too old at some point…the person who said it was happening back in 2008 will say, “I told you so.”
I put the deal together for, and consummated the transaction of, the sale of SS United States to Norwegian Cruise Line. Do you know who many deals I allegedly had made before that?
When it happens – this year or in 5 years – it will be a very quickly done deal that nobody could have accurately forecast/predicted; whether it be one, two or all three of the little sisters. That I am very confident of.
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232