– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
A while back I started The Gold Standard Luxury Travel Forum as “This is the place to have intelligent discussion and discourse about cruising, travel or just about anything related to having great experiences.” It has a great deal of information and, to be sure, has been a place for “intelligent discussion and discourse”.
A few months ago I was approached by Cruisemates.com to be its luxury cruise boards Moderator so that I might breath life into its long quiet and inactive boards. Overall it was a great experience and some decent discussion was had. However, I have chosen to end my relationship with Cruisemates.com. The reason is very simple: The owner of Cruisemates.com expressly chooses to enable posters that bully, insult and seek to escalate conflict.
While there is no question that my short time as a Moderator for its Luxury Boards (Seabourn, Silversea, Crystal, Regent, etc.) resulted in a significant surge in activity and posts…not to mention the existence of relevant and timely information, I started spending more time dealing with the dregs of message board life – and the possible consequences thereof – than being productive. It clearly became time to walk away.
What truly underscores that the decision to let Cruisemates.com’s luxury board sink back to the bottom of the internet ocean is the request that I say nothing so that the very problem I refused to accept does not become worse and, I presume, so that Cruisemates.com doesn’t look bad. Juxtaposed, there is not a cruise line out there that has ever asked me not to write what I believe…They may not always like what I write, but they know it is my honest opinion. (And, of course, I should add that my position with Cruisemates.com that things change or I am gone somehow became perverted as well.) It speaks for my making a wise decision.
My job is to provide my clients and prospective clients with the truth as I see it and information that I believe to be accurate. Why? Because I want to encourage people to book their cruises with Goldring Travel. Babysitting troubled individuals on message boards is not part of that job. Seriously, if I love my job…and I do…why would I want to ruin it with such things?
So please remember that The Gold Standard Luxury Travel Forum still exists and that I will now be putting 100% of my effort into revitalizing it and making it one of the “go to” places for luxury cruise and travel information and discussion. As you probably know, I own that message board and I absolutely will not tolerate “bullying, insulting or escalating conflict”. That wouldn’t be very intelligent, now would it!
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232