– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part VI (Kya Hnyat to Kyauk Myaung)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part IX (The Ship: Avalon Myanmar)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar (Burma) – Reflections: “Isn’t This Amazing!?”
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
I know that I have established myself as the “Go To Guy” for Seabourn cruises even though I promote and sell many more cruise lines than just Seabourn. But what you may not really appreciate is that I also have expertise in land vacations.
There is sort of a running tease between myself and one of my clients about whether cruising is travel. This generated quite a good discussion going back to 2009 on The Gold Standard Forum. We even joked about it just yesterday.
Honestly, while I firmly believe cruising can be travel, it is not always. And, of course, there are times when traveling by cruise is not the best way to travel through an area of interest. Because of my diversity, it is fairly easy for me to discern whether a client’s initial desire for a cruise is actually his or her best choice.
Today I received an email from a client that came to me as cruise clients some years ago. They had no specific desire for this year’s holiday, but wanted something that really made them go WOW. Last year the family cruised on Seabourn and had a great time…but I sensed that something different (not necessarily the easiest to plan) would be better for them: A Custom Private Safari.
So when I saw their name pop up in my email mid-trip, I was worried. (I mean you usually hear from clients midtrip if something is wrong.) But what they wrote made me know that all the work and really understanding their desires better than they did paid off:
Hello from the [Smith] Family from Leopard Hills in South Africa.
You outdid yourself! This is the best, most spectacular trip ever.
We loved Capetown. We loved shark diving and now we are at Leopard Hills which is incredible.
Everything has been perfect.
We’ll let you more when we return. Thx!
What I really enjoyed was adding in the shark diving and insisting Mom was going to get into the shark cage. I don’t yet know if she did, however the initial “No!” turned into “fear” turned into “Hey, that might be cool.” even before they left.
Another client recently contacted me about taking a Seabourn cruise in Australia. Having lived in Australia and traveled the country I could tell that what they were looking for was not just a visit to a few of the cities on the coast, but really seeing the country in a luxury group. Again, booking the cruise would have been easy, but the extra work in finding the right holiday for this couple was worth it. Knowing the high demand I had them book a Tauck tour even before the prices were published; which was fortunate because that tour sold out almost immediately.
Once things got finalized I wrote, “This is so much better for what you wanted to do than the cruise, isn’t it?!” to which they responded:
You’re right – WAY better than the cruise!!!
So if you are looking for a cruise or land vacation, even one for this summer (and there are still some fantastic last minute deals out there!), remember that Goldring Travel is not just about luxury cruises:
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232
Fla Seller of Travel Re. No. W014898
California Seller of Travel No. 2127458-40
© 2020 Goldring Travel.