– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part VI (Kya Hnyat to Kyauk Myaung)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part IX (The Ship: Avalon Myanmar)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar (Burma) – Reflections: “Isn’t This Amazing!?”
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
I am departing tomorrow for a rather unusual cruise for me: A five day Caribbean cruise sailing out of Miami, Florida on the Celebrity Century.
While my cruising with Celebrity Cruise Lines is fairly normal (I have earned Elite state in its Captain’s Club past passenger program after sailing on the Millennium x2; Constellation x 2; Mercury; Solstice and Equinox..at least that is what I recall), the idea of a short cruise stopping in Jamaica and Grand Cayman isn’t what I am normally looking to do.
However, when a friend of 20 years says, “Hey, its my 60th birthday (old bastard isn’t he? LOL), so let’s get a group together and go on a cruise rather than having the same old party!” I, frankly, had no choice. So I went to work trying to put together a cruise that 22 people could have some good fun and some upscale experiences at a reasonable price.
It is going to be interesting to see how it all plays out…from the perspectives of so many different people. Our group has first timers (I have golf clubs and Florida so why cruise?), ones who cruised 15 years ago, regular mass market cruisers, frequent Celebrity cruisers and, of course, me.
Our accommodations are 10 Sky Suites, 1 Royal Suite and 1 Concierge Class cabin all on Deck 10. I will see what I can do about providing comparisons between them both from a stateroom layout/amenity standpoint and from a service one. We are all dining together at late seating in three tables so people can mix and match through the cruise. I should be able to get some good feedback about the food as well.
One special thing I arranged was the booking out of the entire Murano specialty restaurant for the evening of July 25th for a birthday party in high style. It will be interesting to see how cocktails followed by dinner in this venue works out. I have never had anything but a wonderful dining experience in a Celebrity luxury speciality restaurant (Murano, Olympic, etc.)
It is also interesting to note that Celebrity had arranged for a private golfing outing in Jamaica (Cinnamon Hill) including transfers, carts, clubs and greens fees for a very reasonable price. However, while some in the group were interested most of them want to enjoy the cruise and golf afterward. The fact that Celebrity is able to organize this for such a small group and at a very reasonable price I think is impressive.
Hey, it snowed this morning and is supposed to be 12 degrees tomorrow. I guess it is a good time to take a cruise!
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232
Fla Seller of Travel Re. No. W014898
California Seller of Travel No. 2127458-40
© 2020 Goldring Travel.