– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part VI (Kya Hnyat to Kyauk Myaung)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part IX (The Ship: Avalon Myanmar)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar (Burma) – Reflections: “Isn’t This Amazing!?”
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
Have you read cruise travelogues that were boring, or focused on listing “stuff” or were just TMI (too much information)? Well do I have a treat for you!
OK, to be honest it is not my treat, I am just serving it up. The person who is providing the treat is one of my clients: An Australian adventurer who is a frequent guest on the Seabourn triplets.
Lorraine Baines, known as Granny Lorr on our Gold Standard Forum, formerly on Cruise Critic, and elsewhere is about to embark on an 88 day cruise on the Seabourn Pride with her husband, John. While the Seabourn Pride will be departing Dover, England and then sail to France, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Malta, Greece, Turkey, Israel, Egypt, Dubai, Oman, India, Malaysia and, finally, Singapore….well, Granny will be having her own adventures; adventures that have already started in advance of her September 17, 2011 sailing.
Over the years we have enjoyed and laughed our way through bus, train and camel rides, dodging the police in Lisbon (I wonder if there is a warrant for her arrest waiting dockside for the Seabourn Pride’s arrival?!) and oh, so much more. But more importantly, Lorraine allows us to “travel” with her.
Yes, in deed, Lorraine knows the difference between ticking off a “been there, done that” list and truly enjoying and embracing the various places she visits. And, of course, she will be providing a very enjoyable perspective of life aboard the Seabourn Pride and her crew.
To catch up with all of Granny Lorr’s pre-cruise planning and to enjoy her travelogue, visit The Gold Standard Luxury Travel Forum. The former can be found under Any Reasonable Topic: Whose Sailing with Granny? and the travelogue is under Cruise Reviews: Granny on The Pride 2011.
Welcome aboard. I know you are going to love this cruise!
And, let’s not forget: Thank You, Lorraine.
By the way, the first two weeks of Lorraine’s cruise are similar (not identical) to the Goldring Travel 2012 Food & Wine Cruise on the same Seabourn Pride sailing on September 22, 2012. If you are interested after reading Lorraine’s travelogue, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at (877) 2GO-LUXURY in the U.S., 020 81333450 in the UK, 07 3102 4685 in Australia and +1 732 383-7398 elsewhere.
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232
Fla Seller of Travel Re. No. W014898
California Seller of Travel No. 2127458-40
© 2020 Goldring Travel.