– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
I am not only about cruising and exotic vacations. Years ago I purchased a townhouse in a resort on the north shore of Lake Tahoe, California named Northstar-at-Tahoe.
How I wound up owning a place out west when I live in the east is a long (and probably boring) story, but my purchase was, as I often say, “the only smart thing I purchased when I was single”. My family loves nothing better than to spend the day on the slopes, then a visit to the Recreation Center for a hot tub or some video games, and then home to a nice wood fire, looking out on the snow-covered pines, and hanging out together.
Over the past twenty plus years Northstar-at-Tahoe (http://www.northstarattahoe.com/) has changed from a small, family orientated, ski resort with picnic tables and a very small village to a world-class resort with an incredible village, the private luxury Tahoe Mountain Club (http://www.tahoemountainclub.com/) …with a restaurant on the top of the mountain, a private club in the village and Jack Nicklaus designed golf course…and, opening next winter, a Ritz Carlton hotel. http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/LakeTahoe/Default.htm Our secret getaway is no longer a secret! While there are upsides and downsides to such intense development, Northstar-at-Tahoe has really transformed from a wannabe to an almost luxury resort to a true luxury destination.
The beauty of my little place is that it is located away from village (a 3 minute shuttle away) so we have privacy, quiet and views of the mountains…with the bonus of having the glitz located just down the road anytime we want.
As I normally do, I offer my place out for rent when we are not using it. I do not usually rent it out by the day or week, but rather on a more long term basis. It is fully furnished down to the blender for Margaritas and the marshmallow fork for smores. Maid service is available. You can find more information at http://www.northstarrealestate.com/SkiLease/6126Lease.html . Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 877-2GO-LUXURY if you want more information.