– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part VI (Kya Hnyat to Kyauk Myaung)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part IX (The Ship: Avalon Myanmar)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar (Burma) – Reflections: “Isn’t This Amazing!?”
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
Yesterday Seabourn announced it had added, changed and tweaked its menus providing some truly creative and innovative dining fare.
Oh, I could talk to you about such new items as Truffled Corn and Mascarpone Tortellini; Farmed Goat Cheese Green Salad; Golden Mussel Chowder; Seared Cocoa & Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin; Cumin & Coriander Crusted Swordfish; and Sour & Spicy Assam Prawns.
I could discuss the new “Local Flavors” menu items which will follow the Seabourn ships as they travel the world including such things as Croatian Style Pan Roasted Sea Bass; Feta Stuffed Braised Chicken; and Grilled Dover Sole Fillets with caviar cream butter.
Or even the expanded Vegetarian options including Vegetable and Potato Gnocchi Risotto, Spring Vegetable Paella, and Warm Baked Thyme Onion & Gruyere Tart.
I could even get into the esoteric details of Seabourn now using Jidori chicken which is organically raised on a vegetarian diet in California or its change from Sterling Silver to Double R Ranch Beef, whose cattle are fed only local crops, are massaged daily (only kidding!), and are raised with an eye on reducing environmental damage and a focus on restoring wetlands which cattle farming so readily destroys.
But I am not. I am going to talk about Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs coming onboard Seabourn. That’s right, no matter when you are Australian, Norwegian, English, or even Andorran, you can now truly enjoy not only something as American as a hot dog, but the most American of all hot dogs!
|I have never seen a Nathan’s Famous look this pristine, but this photo is straight from its website!|
These are “the” iconic New York Hot Dogs.
They are made to be grilled; not boiled.
They have the right amount of “pop” when you bite into them.
They just taste great.
And you can trust me on this: Nathan’s Hot Dogs are not made from coddled chickens or environmentally conscious beef. To be honest, New Yorkers don’t really care what is in them. Fuggedaboudit!
So for those wanting to know more about Nathan’s (rather than Jidori chickens), it all started on Coney Island, New York (home of the famous ferris wheel) in 1916.
According to the Nathan’s website Al Capone, Eddie Cantor, Jimmy Durante, and Cary Grant were regular customers. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt served Nathan’s Famous hot dogs to the King and Queen of England in 1939 and then them sent to Yalta when he met with Winston Churchill and Joseph Stalin. Barbara Streisand had them flown to London for a party; Jaqueline Kennedy had them served at the White House; and, Walter Mathau had them served at his funeral.
But I am actually quite disappointed in Seabourn. Why? Seabourn is not serving Nathan’s French Fries with them!
Now with Seabourn bringing this iconic American culinary treat to its ships, I implore, beg and plead with you to watch this video. Clint Eastwood says it best:
If you are interested, there are only a couple of spaces left for the 2013 Goldring Travel Food & Wine Cruise on November 13, 2013 sailing on the Seabourn Quest from Rio de Janerio, Brazil to Buenos Aires, Argentina.
While I have a wonderful Caviar and Champagne Event planned with Seabourn’s supplier of its caviar, I just might have to put together a Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest. Joey Chestnuts is the world champ downing 68 hot dogs (with buns) in ten minutes this past year. OK, maybe not!
But if you are interested in our Food & Wine Cruise, please give me a call or send me an email.
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232
Fla Seller of Travel Re. No. W014898
California Seller of Travel No. 2127458-40
© 2020 Goldring Travel.