– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
A Crossing on the Queen Mary 2 is a Bucket List Item…that you didn’t know was on your bucket list!
This ocean liner (she is NOT a cruise ship) is sleek, elegant and built incredibly solidly. If you would like to read more about her enjoy my article Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 – A Winter Transatlantic Crossing on Her 10th Anniversary
So what is the Remastering all about? Well, there were some things that just didn’t worth that well and other things that needed a significant upgrade after over a decade at sea. There has been an enormous amount of a much higher quality re-carpeting, with the carpets giving homage to the original Queen Mary both in style and color. The classic Veranda Restaurant returns with the farewell to Todd English and with the central elevators removed, the previously closed-in space by Reception is open and elegant.
For the luxury traveler (on the QM2 you are not a cruiser), there have been significant upgrades to the Queens Grill Suites as well as the Queens Grill Restaurant and Princess Grill Restaurant. Both restaurants now have more tables for two and a nicer layout. But more me, the Queens Grill Restaurant now looks more like the special dining experience it is, with unique rich red fabrics.
|Queen Mary 2’s Remastered Queens Grill Restaurant|
While there were no big changes to the Queens Grill Lounge, the new color palette is a significant improvement.
|QM2’s Queens Grill Lounge|
The Grill Suites have a new, more modern and relaxing, color palette.
|Queen Mary 2’s Remastered Queens Grill Suite|
One improvement that I truly find fantastic are wonderful single staterooms…which to me should be called Suites. These were added in two areas, one area near the Ballroom that wasn’t used and by taking part of the previously oversized casino. I highly recommend these staterooms, especially the ones with the large circular windows!
|Queen Mary 2’s new Single Staterooms are really fantastic.|
Even the staterooms were made over with new colors and artwork…literally thousands of new prints being brought onboard.
|Queen Mary 2’s remastered Britannia Stateroom|
One of the biggest investments was the King’s Court restaurant area. It was in need of, and received, a literally “gut job”. Yup, Cunard tore out the whole space and started over. Besides making it a more modern space, with different dining options, the flow has been greatly improved and the furnishings upscaled and better designed with seating at various heights, thereby eliminating the cafeteria look.
|Queen Mary 2’s Remastered Kings Court|
Other areas that have seen some significant changes including the Kennel, which now has a proper lamp post and fire hydrant as well as additional kennels, which are always in such high demand.
|Queen Mary 2’s expended Kennels|
|QM2 now provides a fire hydrant for American dogs
and a proper lamp post for British ones.
Even the theaters have been upgraded, including new LED lighting
Queen Mary 2 is truly better than ever. Are there still some misses in my book? Of course. But this is not a case of there being much to compromise, especially after the Remastering. #QM2Remastered
If you would like more information or would like to book your Bucket List Crossing, please email Goldring Travel or give us a call.
United States: (877) 2GO-LUXURY
United Kingdom: 020 8133 3450
Australia: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 732 578 8585
Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232