– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part VI (Kya Hnyat to Kyauk Myaung)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part IX (The Ship: Avalon Myanmar)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar (Burma) – Reflections: “Isn’t This Amazing!?”
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
I am really excited to announce that Silversea Cruises has finally inked the deal for its new ship: Silver Muse. It will be arriving in the Spring of 2017.
The first thing that I like is the name. It is creative and playful. After so many boring and repetitive names, Silver Muse provides a bit of freshness.
This is a 40,000 gross ton, 596 passenger luxury cruise ship that promises to be an “evolution” of the Silver Spirt…which is not one of (in my opinion) the best designed ships. But the aspects that I don’t like should be easily fixed in this new build.
To put the size in perspective, the Silver Muse will be more than 10 percent larger than the Silver Spirit (which is only 36,000 gross tons and carries 540 guests) while carrying about 10 percent more guests.
By comparison, Regent Seven Seas new ship, the Regent Explorer, is 54,000 gross tons and will carry 750 guests…but much of the additional space being eaten up by the massive promotional suite and other non-public areas; rendering it a bit more crowded for the 25% more guests Regent Seven Seas Explorer will hold. More on a par is the new Seabourn Encore at 40,560 gross tons and carrying 604 guests; almost an identical ratio.
While Silversea has not provided much of any detail about the new ship, which is not unusual, that I did find interesting was a comment by Enzo Visone, Silversea’s CEO:
This ship contributes to our ambitious growth plans that will ensure our continued leadership in ultra-luxury cruising
I have been following closely Silverseas strong expansion into the Expedition cruise market (and, admittedly, have been a bit dilatory in discussing same…but that will soon be remedied!), but I have not until now heard about an “ambitious growth plans” as it relates to Silversea’s classic fleet or its operations overall.
It leaves me wondering as to if the previously assumed departure of the Silver Cloud upon the arrival of the new ship is no longer on the table.
Interested in a Silversea cruise? Give me a call at (877) 2-GO-LUXURY or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232
Fla Seller of Travel Re. No. W014898
California Seller of Travel No. 2127458-40
© 2020 Goldring Travel.