– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part VI (Kya Hnyat to Kyauk Myaung)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part IX (The Ship: Avalon Myanmar)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar (Burma) – Reflections: “Isn’t This Amazing!?”
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
I know it is hard to believe that a cruise line can get it pretty much all right, but the reality is that Seabourn Sojourn’s Maiden Voyage was about as near to perfect as it gets. I ended my rather analytical review as follows: “I have been on a number of Seabourn cruises…and I am comparing this cruise only to my previous Seabourn cruises and my expectations…and the Seabourn Sojourn exceeded my expectations; and not just expectations for a maiden voyage, but for any voyage.” But some readers think that just might have been a bit of hype. It wasn’t…and I can prove it!
I previously reported that during President, Pamela Conover’s, Question and Answer session there was not a single complaint and that during my time aboard the Seabourn Sojourn…for the Inauguration and Naming Ceremony, the Charity Event and the Maiden Voyage (through Iceland)…I hardly found a flaw. Then I heard the ratings by the guests was near “off the chart” with the average rating being 9.56 out of a perfect 10!
Similarly I reported that some of the little criticisms of the Seabourn Odyssey had been corrected: The vibration is gone, the high tables in The Restaurant are history, the banquettes in the Grand Salon are lower and one Spa Villa has been converted to a beautiful pre/post treatment relaxation area for all spa guests to enjoy.
Cruise Critic (whose relevance in the luxury market is now fairly minimal considering the few posters and even fewer that sail more than a week at a time) has a few comments, but those are all very positive and consistent with mine. An infrequent poster, Won2Go wrote, “Wow, Seabourn did a great job all round. The ship worked well without any obvious problems. The extra activities put on for this trip were wonderful: fireworks as we traveled along the Thames estuary, a Viking village re-creation in Iceland and a fabulous evening in Amsterdam. The staff were all very enthusiastic and did everything possible to please the guests.”
Cruise Diva (http://www.cruisediva.com/) has a blog post today: A ‘Flawless’ Maiden Voyage For Seabourn Sojourn which quotes Seabourn Blog’s noting of comments from quite a few guests; each one raving more than the other. The nicest of Linda Coffman’s comments was, “The consensus of emotions among guests and crew was a mix of elation and pride.” Guests having “pride”…does it get better than that?
I ask you to pause…just for a moment…OK, just one more…
Now, if you had a choice between selecting a cruise line that performed at that level…with the expectations being so high and the critics waiting to pounce on any flaw…and any other luxury line, be it Regent Seven Seas, Silversea or whomever, what would the factor(s) be that would make you not put Seabourn on the top of the list of choices?
And there is the conundrum! How do I honestly tell you how good Seabourn is and how I seek to provide my clients with that same level of service without seeming to be cheerleading? Oh, such problems!
Anyway: Now do you believe me?
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232
Fla Seller of Travel Re. No. W014898
California Seller of Travel No. 2127458-40
© 2020 Goldring Travel.