– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part VI (Kya Hnyat to Kyauk Myaung)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part IX (The Ship: Avalon Myanmar)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar (Burma) – Reflections: “Isn’t This Amazing!?”
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
In the years before I became a maritime lawyer (and then a travel agent) I was a biologist, earning a Bachelors of Science with honors in biology, spending untold hours on lakes, rivers and oceans studying, working as a biological aid for the National Marine Fisheries Service, etc….and not making very much money.
I decided to attend the University of Miami School of Law and specialized in Ocean and Coastal Law and started out wanting to use the law and my biology background to save the environment. It was frustrating and, in many ways, futile in the early days of environmentalism. (Remember when Please Don’t Litter was a big deal?) My efforts to represent the Florida Audubon Society in its goal of limiting development in the Florida Keys was both a highlight and a low of my early career.
But my efforts over the years…before I ever stepped on a cruise ship or a yacht…caused me to spend so much of my time on our waters…really looking at them…really understanding them…really getting that what laps at the shore is but a hint of the real issues pollution causes.
I am convinced that the Gulf Oil Spill is already one of the world’s greatest environmental disasters. And it is growing…and is potentially going to be caught up in the Gulf Stream sending oiling around the coast of Florida and beyond. This is not alarmist stuff. It is what is really happening.
Please don’t wait to see thousands of oil covered birds, dead dolphins, destroyed wetlands, etc. There is one thing you can do now that will enable those that can truly act to assist in PREVENTION of greater damage and that is to donate to a responsible environmental organization that is able to act NOW.
My preference is The Nature Conservancy (www.nature.org). It is a truly responsible organization that puts its donations where they belong and protects countless acres of environmentally important lands. There are other wonderful organizations (I donate to many), so ask me for other options if you like, but please donate TODAY so that we can assist in preventing the worst from happening.
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232
Fla Seller of Travel Re. No. W014898
California Seller of Travel No. 2127458-40
© 2020 Goldring Travel.