– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
On Monday at 10:56 a.m. I received an email from a client that had just concluded a 12 day cruise on the Seabourn Odyssey. I loved reading that the cruise was “superb” and they had “thoroughly enjoyed” themselves. But…and isn’t there always: They had left a brand new expensive hat in their suite and wondered if Portia, their stewardess, found it and if Seabourn could possibly find a way to have it returned to them.
I pause! This distressed guest referred to “Portia”; not “our stewardess”. A personal relationship had formed. Portia was not merely someone who tended to their suite. She was more than that and, to be sure, the clients felt comfortable in acknowledging her and her importance. You should think back on your cruises, or what you would like in a cruise, and reflect on how “making it personal” adds just that little bit extra to your experience.
OK, now back to the story.
As Lisbon is five hours ahead of New York, I received the request at 3:56 p.m. Lisbon time and the Seabourn Odyssey sails in an hour! I immediately emailed the Guest Services Manager on the ship with my client’s hotel information and figure that while I am sure the hat can be located, it will be shipped back to their home. I was wrong.
Andrea, the GSM, found the hat, gave the it and the guest’s hotel information to the port agent and when my client returned to their hotel room after dinner I received the following email:
We have just got back from dinner out in Lisbon and, as you say, mon chapeau-c’est ici maintenant!
So many thanks indeed
This is how teamwork between the extraordinary Seabourn staff and Goldring Travel – both of whom believe in treating their guests/clients as they wish to be treated – created not only an experience that will be talked about, but loyalty…and just an overall good feeling.
So when you are swayed by “fire sale” pricing or switch travel agents because of an additional discount, remember that you will never remember that “great deal” if the travel advisor you use or the cruise line you decide on because of the price let’s moments like this slip by.
Speechless because you are so impressed.
Speechless because you are so frustrated you can’t talk.
Res ipsa loquitor.
A Note to the Luxury Cruise Lines: Do you just want to fill a ship today or do you want earn passenger loyalty for years to come?
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232