– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part VI (Kya Hnyat to Kyauk Myaung)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part IX (The Ship: Avalon Myanmar)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar (Burma) – Reflections: “Isn’t This Amazing!?”
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
It is 5:00 a.m. and I am sitting in Continental’s President’s Club at Newark Airport, Terminal C waiting for my flight to Florida to attend to a family matter.
On Wednesday I was in a very long meeting of the Colts Neck Board of Education (of which I am a Board member) after the school budget was voted down after our new Governor Christie, who continues to wreak havoc with our education system. (Yes, some aspects are seriously broken, but trying to fix it with a hammer as soon as you take office rather than with some elegance and, dare I say, education is the height of irresponsibility…though a great boost to his ego.)
On Monday I was finalizing what I think may be a very important appellate brief on the constitutional issues concerning how the same New Jersey state government can condemn well over $5,000,000 of private property under the guise of a federal and state funded road project for what is clearly a municipal roadway…and doing so with the trial court saying where the money comes from is “none of your business” as the only issue is how much of the taxpayers’ money the property owner get. (Seriously, millions of dollars for a silly little road while bridges are crumbling and the Governor demands that school budgets statewide be voted down. And how our tax dollars are used, even if unlawful, is not to be questioned?! Go figure!)
Add to this the fiasco the Icelandic volcano has wreaked on travel.
Of course there are the normal, everyday, issues. Oh, yes, those things are, for Iamboatman, “everyday issues”!
But then, after I take those refreshing moments assisting many of you with your cruises and escapes (I am presently working on a very cool food and wine experience in Northern Italy that is fascinating), I think about sitting in the hot tub on the bow of the Seabourn Spirit, dinner with Captain Buer on the Seabourn Odyssey on her first formal night ever, running into the same obnoxious Slovenian musicians at the Seatrade Cruise Shipping Conference last month in Miami that I endured at my otherwise wonderful wine tasting at Santos Winery in Slovenia and, of course, the utter relaxation and appreciation of sitting at the Sky Bar on all of the Seabourn ships sipping an after dinner whisky and smoking a nice Partagas cigar.
It is not the same as taking a cruise…and it makes me want to get onboard a ship sooner than later…But then I remember I am going to be on a cruise in just a few weeks even though it seems an eternity from now.
And, alas, I now remember that life is pretty darn good. Today will be a good day…and just that much closer to a wonderful cruise on the Seabourn Sojourn.
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232
Fla Seller of Travel Re. No. W014898
California Seller of Travel No. 2127458-40
© 2020 Goldring Travel.