– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part VI (Kya Hnyat to Kyauk Myaung)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part IX (The Ship: Avalon Myanmar)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar (Burma) – Reflections: “Isn’t This Amazing!?”
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
Well, I was working on the forum rules this morning, struggling with how to make the upcoming forum fresh and upscale and, of course, what the heck to call it. Then it came to me The “Gold Standard” Luxury Travel Forum. It expresses high quality, stability, the standard others are measured by and, of course, Goldring Travel.
As for the Rules, other than the normal stuff, this is what they are:
This forum has been established out of need for comfortable place to have intelligent discussion about luxury travel.
Many of us look beyond our next cruise and are fascinated, and want to learn about, what makes the cruise business, a cruise line, or even a crew member, tick. The heart of any good discussion is disagreement, differing views and alternative perspectives. It is the basis of how we, as adults (and you must be 13 or older to even be here!) learn and grow. So feel free to respectfully express your disagreement with someone’s post (Isn’t that refreshing!).
There are a few basic rules: It is essential for this forum to succeed that everyone respects each other’s individual interests, perspectives and reasons for being here. That means, in part, this is a “Cheerleader Free Zone”. In other words, Cruise Line X may be your favorite and you cannot conceive of how anyone could possibly want to cruise on Cruise Line Y, but frankly the members here do not care. (That’s why they are here!) We care about intelligently discussing various aspects of luxury cruising…but we do care about why you love Cruise Line X. So, just as one dismisses the opinion of a child who just stamps his feet and says “Because I say so”, your post may be dismissed/deleted if you don’t provide intelligent discussion as to why you say so.
It also means that while we want this place to be comfortable and even friendly, if you have the urge to post to everyone “Have a great cruise” or “Say hello to my favorite stewardess, A” please do it in a way that it doesn’t disrupt an intelligent discussion.
I would love for those to be the only rules, but there are a few more:
Hopefully my next post on this subject will be to announce the board is active.
In the meantime, please let me know of any comments or suggestions. They all are appreciated. (Even if you hate the name. Nothing is carved in stone!)
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232
Fla Seller of Travel Re. No. W014898
California Seller of Travel No. 2127458-40
© 2020 Goldring Travel.