– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part VI (Kya Hnyat to Kyauk Myaung)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part IX (The Ship: Avalon Myanmar)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar (Burma) – Reflections: “Isn’t This Amazing!?”
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
Windstar Cruises can’t seem to get a break when it comes to the Star Pride.
The Star Pride has a special place in my heart. She was my first Seabourn cruise; a three day sailing out of New York City. I have a shirt from her 1988 Inaugural Season hanging by my desk and a five foot model of her in my conference room.
|Goldring Travel’s Conference Room
The Seabourn Pride (now Star Pride)
Invitations to the Seabourn Odyssey, Sojourn & Quest Inaugural Sailings
When Windstar made its deal with Seabourn to take over the former Seabourn Pride, Seabourn Spirit and Seabourn Legend (now Star Pride, Star Breeze and Star Legend) it had to act quickly; taking the Pride before Windstar was ready with all the necessary plans for its refurbishment and with little ability to engage in pre-delivery marketing.
But Windstar Cruises did a great job getting the Star Pride up, running, partially refit and providing a solid premium cruise experience. You can read my articles Windstar Cruises – Star Pride Black Sea Cruise – Part I and Part II for a description and photo tour of her.
Star Pride, however, has done more. She acted as a sort of a working model to make some fantastic upgrades to her sisters (Star Breeze and Star Legend). You can see the many improvements and more expansive refitting and refurbishment on the Star Breeze and Star Legend in my article Windstar Cruises’ Star Breeze Inaugural Cruise – Part II – The Transformation of A Cruise Line
Unfortunately, just before Christmas the Star Pride was run aground off Isla de Coiba, Panama and sustained damage to her hull, so much so that the cruise had to be terminated. While determining what repairs are required, and what other work can be done to continue the Star Pride’s refitting and refurbishment…and while finding an open slot at a qualified shipyard somewhat nearby, she presently is anchored off of Balboa, Panama with her Caribbean season effectively ended.
I am hoping that, as planned, “my” little gem of a ship will be buffed up and ready to sail in all her true glory this coming Spring and Summer seasons plying the waters between Venice, Athens and Istanbul.
In the meantime: Captain: Take care of my ship!
Interested in booking a Windstar Cruise? Please give me a call:
United States: (877) 2GO-LUXURY
United Kingdom: 020 8133 3450
Australia: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 732 578 8585
Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232
Fla Seller of Travel Re. No. W014898
California Seller of Travel No. 2127458-40
© 2020 Goldring Travel.