– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
Originally I was going to write an article detailing what I see as the illogical, vindictive, and unethical conduct of the executives, such as Josh Leibowitz and Steve Smotrys, at Seabourn. But I have found that really isn’t necessary…at least not right now. Why?
Because the outpouring of support from both clients and the travel industry after Seabourn blacklisted me has been overwhelming. As a person at a cruise line that competes head-to-head with Seabourn said to me, “You are the Eligible Bachelor in Travel!” When I said this to another cruise line one person responded, “I would like to give you this rose!”
Speaking of giving, everyone’s words of encouragement, appreciation, outrage, incredulity, but especially warmth and support, are more than appreciated. They are inspiring and also cement into my essence that fair and tough honesty bespeaks integrity and rises above the pettiness and vindictiveness of those who intentionally seek to cause injury to me in a failed effort to hide their flaws, missteps, insecurities, etc.
Actions Speak Louder Than Words (But Letters Couldn’t Hurt)
Clients have written eloquent, supportive and outraged letters to Carnival Corp.’s CEO, Arnold Donald (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Seabourn’s president, Josh Leibowitz (email@example.com).
Many have canceled their Seabourn cruises because they don’t want to do business with a company that acts so improvidently.
Others, who considering Goldring Travel to be an integral part of their travel experience are now saying are no longer “only Seabourn” and will sail other lines I recommend.
Yet others have asked about recommendations as they don’t want to deal with Seabourn directly.
Some are still sorting out what to do.
But – and it is a big one – NONE have said they don’t want to continue to use Goldring Travel or have expressed a belief that I have done anything wrong!
The Industry Speaks and Supports Goldring Travel
As I mentioned the outpouring of support from the travel industry has been amazing. If there was ever a time for an industry to turn its back on me, this would be it, right? I mean there just has to be something when the World’s No. 1 seller of Seabourn cruises, its most loyal advocate for 20 years, and its social media maven is dumped and basically slapped in the face, right? Wrong!
Many have reached out to me and not a single person – even for a second – has questioned my integrity, my good faith, my business practices, my ability to sell their products or, most importantly, my ability to work with them. They all accept there is going to be a bit of “Jersey”, but that is just me doing the best for my clients and, of course, for the product. Why? Because I care!
So with that since Seabourn’s announcement the following has happened; all of which will be detailed in later articles:
I mean it has only been a few days, so who knows what will happen next…other than Goldring Travel, as the Most Eligible Bachelor, is truly enjoying having its Dance Card filled with nice, enthusiastic, clients and partners who aren’t afraid of what or how I may say things, but rather appreciate that it may be a bit different but always with a common goal.
Goldring Travel remains what it has always been: A Top Luxury Travel Agency that will always do the best for its clients…even if it makes a cruise line executive upset and hurts his feelings.
So, with that, “Yes. I accept this Rose!“
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232