– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
I find it remarkable that Cruise Critic continues to allow Host Dan to prostitute the Seabourn message board so that misinformation can reign supreme.
As the most recent example, there is presently a thread about who will be the master of the Seabourn Quest. A long time poster, Martita (the one with pajama parties, stuffed monkeys at the Sky Bar, flashing light buttons and headbands, etc.) incorrectly posted some drivel about who the master of the Seabourn Quest will be. Another, obviously better informed, poster advised that her information was simply incorrect. Martita responded that she had received her information from Pamela Conover (whether true or not) and the other poster advised he/she received his/her information directly from the Captain. Host Dan removed the post advising that latter little tidbit leaving the impression that (a) there was no response; and (b) Martita’s information was weighty and accurate. Why?
Now, who is the captain may be very important to some – those who will be on the Maiden Voyage and those who find interacting with the captain to be an important part of their cruise experience – but to others it is a matter of self-importance (that they somehow have inside information). The problem is that Host Dan has an agenda and, as such, has a history of unnecessarily assuring this favorite posters can say what they want no matter how incorrect it is because, I guess, it is his sand box.
And so the emails start flying to me. “Eric, Iamboatman, Goldring Travel…please tell me what the truth is! I know you keep saying the information on Cruise Critic is not accurate, and I do believe you, but I just read X. Is it true?”
Host Dan and Cruise Critic is doing a disservice to Seabourn; a disservice to its advertisers; a disservice to the cruising public; and, of course, a disservice to truth and honesty. (Over a year ago I wrote the following article: Do Cruise Critic and Other Message Boards Have An Obligation To The Public? . Take a moment to read it, if you will.)
So what is more important to Cruise Critic: Host Dan’s ego and agenda; Martita’s need to portray herself as an insider; or, providing accurate information to the cruising public which, in turn, benefits the cruise lines and its advertisers?
And we had to ask this questions because????
Join the conversation…and it is a long one…on The Gold Standard Luxury Travel Forum: Host Dan is at it Again and Do Cruise Critic and Other Message Boards Have An Obligation