– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part VI (Kya Hnyat to Kyauk Myaung)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part IX (The Ship: Avalon Myanmar)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar (Burma) – Reflections: “Isn’t This Amazing!?”
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
After almost two weeks of reading about all the allegedly terrible things that supposedly happened on his cruise on the Seabourn Sojourn, today Paul Motter’s rather mild article for Fox News appeared…and so did a couple of rather complimentary comments about me on the CruiseMates.com message board.
Not “looking a gift horse in the mouth” I appreciate Motter’s present comments about me. For example, one reader commented that it seems from Motter’s comments that guests are expected to know certain things, to which Motter wrote:
[T]his was why I told Seabourn I really prefer to go with a group instead of on my own…Or if a person had a good travel agent, like Eric Goldring, then he could have cooked up some organized activities for the people like me and kept me in the loop.
He then continued:
It’s too bad Eric decided to leave this board, as I now write for FoxNews and not FoxBusiness, 32,000,000 readers/month, and this would have been the perfect opportunity for me to give his agency incredibly valuable publicity. His guided groups would be just the kind of thing a person like me would need. Alas- I had no travel agent at all, and really no guidance at all from the company on what to expect.
The important point is that if you do not know what you are buying, don’t buy it based upon what someone else says and, whatever you do: Don’t Just Show Up!
For example, just yesterday (while I was watching “my” New York Jets beat the San Diego Chargers) the man next to me said he has never been on a cruise, but his wife says they must go on the Queen Mary 2. I then asked why and…in between plays…I discovered her desire was based upon misperceptions and marketing. He now knows what to expect, how it works…and, of course, other options that might fulfil his wife’s actual desires better. You know she isn’t going to be going on that cruise without a clue, right?
So, if you are interested in taking a luxury cruise…or any cruise…or, frankly, any vacation: Ask Questions and make sure you receive Real Answers. And, most importantly, if you don’t actually know the questions to ask, tell your travel agent that and see if she/he offers real information and where to find detailed answers.
Goldring Travel sells far more than just Seabourn cruises. Whether it is a Crystal Cruise, a Silversea Cruise, Orion Expeditions, Celebrity Cruises or whichever, Goldring Travel provides all of its clients with lots of information. I spend as much time as a prospective or actual client needs. For me it is about the quality of the pre-cruise and cruise experiences my clients have; not the volume of clients I can book one time. Goldring Travel wants to book a client’s holidays for their lifetime.
And if you need a testament to why you need an excellent travel agent…Just ask Paul Motter.
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232
Fla Seller of Travel Re. No. W014898
California Seller of Travel No. 2127458-40
© 2020 Goldring Travel.