– Avalon Myanmar – Myanmar River Cruise – April 2017
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part VI (Kya Hnyat to Kyauk Myaung)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar – Part IX (The Ship: Avalon Myanmar)
Avalon Waterways – Myanmar (Burma) – Reflections: “Isn’t This Amazing!?”
*Azamara Club Cruises – Azamara Journey – Singapore to Dubai (April 8, 2018)
* Azamara Quest – Southeast Asia and Japan (February 2015)
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Part I
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part II
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part III
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? Part IV
– How Close to Luxury Can Celebrity’s Smallest Ship Get? – Some Final Observations and Thoughts
– The Prologue to the Travelogue
– The Adventure Begins…With a Bump or Two
– Settling In Made Easy
– Luxury Touches Here, There and OK, Not, Everywhere…But There Are Lots of Them!
– Asian Flair Onboard and On Shore
– Private Tours, Israel and Conflicts in Perceptions and Perspective
Celebrity Equinox 2009 – Egypt…Impressive and Depressing
– Dining With the Captain and the Reidel Wine Seminar
– The Last Dinner (Tuscan Grille) and Disembarkation
– What Happens When A Class Act Meets Highly Discounted Cruise Fare
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part I
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part II
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part III
– Lisbon to Monaco: Crystal As a “Move Up” & “Move Over” Luxury Option – Part IV (Food & Wine!)
– Princess Cruises Doesn’t Treat You Like Royalty; Celebrity Cruises Does! Which is a Better Value for the Upscale Cruise Guest? Part I
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. -Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part II: The Standard Veranda Staterooms
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part III: Treating You Right From The Start
– Celebrity Silhouette vs. Royal Princess – Which Is A Better Value For The Upscale Cruise Guest? Part IV: The Wine Lists Speak Volumes (As Do The Beverage Packages)
Regent Seven Seas Voyager – August 2017
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part I
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part II (Getting There, The Stateroom and First Impressions)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part III (“You Can’t Teach Five Star Service” and Bonafacio, Corsica)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part IV (Calvi, Monaco, Portofino, Porto Azzurro…and Stale Bread)
– Italy and Corisca 2014 – Part V (My Last Day…and How The Chef’s Team Makes It Happen)
You know I consistently rave about the quality of Seabourn’s cuisine and have found it to be of even higher quality on the Seabourn Odyssey.
While I was onboard the Odyssey I had the opportunity to chat with Charley Palmer about the new and enhanced menus, his galley setups and his philosophies. H explained that with the truly purpose build galleys on the Odyssey he has much more latitude both in the menu possibilities and in the ease of the chefs and cooks providing the cuisine at a consistently high quality.
The triplets are, of course, much older ships and the galleys were, before modification, much older in equipment and design…and created with a philosophy of cuisine that has changed dramatically since the 1970s. As the present cuisine proves, it not to say that the triplets suffer from a lesser quality cuisine, but rather the chefs and cooks have a greater challenge in preparing that high quality product.
As far as quality control, there is not a cruise line that performs at a higher level. There is another blogger/author, Ralph Grizzle, who maintains the Avid Cruiser website. He provides some nice photos, and limited commentary, on the various cruise lines. Presently he is on the Seabourn Odyssey and posted on YouTube a great video of Seabourn (actually Executive Graeme Cockburn) going thought one of his daily reviews of the evening’s offerings to assure the highest of quality. Hopefully without offending the Avid Cruiser I am providing it here rather than merely a link to his site:
You know when the cruise line and chef allows you to truly see what is going on in the galley and to allow the critiquing to be videoed it is very confident not only of the product, but its production. That is not hype of “Six Star Luxury” or gourmet cuisine. It is, in fact, pride and a desire to show it off…with confidence.
That confidence translates to your cruise. You can, with confidence, enter into any dining venue on a Seabourn ship knowing you will be receiving truly exceptional cuisine…brochures and emails be damned!
Goldring Travel LLC
12177 Business Park Drive, Suite 6
Truckee, California 96161
US: (877) 2GO-LUXURY (877-246-5898)
UK: 020 8133 3450
AUS: (07) 3102 4685
Everywhere Else: +1 530-562-9232
Fla Seller of Travel Re. No. W014898
California Seller of Travel No. 2127458-40
© 2020 Goldring Travel.